This great family bike route at Clumber Park (National Trust) gives great views of the estate and is almost all traffic free on wide tracks and private roads.
There are four cycle routes & 20 miles of cycle tracks to try at Clumber Park, this one takes you on a route around the Lake, giving great views of the estate.
The route starts and ends at the Visitor Centre, which has a cafe and facilities, as well as a Woodland Adventure Playground. There are often seasonal trails offered in School Holidays, so you can really build a bike ride into a full day out!
Good to knows;
- Clumber Park is about an hour’s drive from Leeds (Worksop, S80 3AZ)
- As a National Trust property, entry is free to members.
- The route is relatively flat ( a few inclines towards the end of the anti-clockwise route) with lots of places to stop along the way for snacks.
- At Hardwick village (on the route) there are refreshments and toilets (plus lots of lovely benches overlooking the lake).
- There is also a Lakeside walk (similar route if you’d like to try this without bikes!). If you wish to avoid any small hills you may wish to disembark your bikes and follow these paths- this also makes the route a bit shorter.
- Website here