- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tin chickpeas drained (keep the water for future baking!)
- Red Onion sliced
- 200g frozen mixed veg
- 50g wholemeal couscous per person
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2tsp Cajun seasoning or paprika and your faves like cumin or all purpose
- 2 tbsp oil
- Handful Flaked almonds (can omit)
- Handful raisins (optional)
- Lemon/ lime to serve
1. Prepare the cous cous as per packet directions. While it’s soaking cook garlic and onion in 1 tbsp oil for 1 minute so the flavours start coming through. Microwave the frozen veg for 3 mins.
2. Add the dried seasonings, chickpeas, frozen veg, almond and raisins until toasted, then add tomato puree and cook for another couple of minutes, continuing to stir.
3., Turn off the heat and mix the cooked cous cous in
4. Decant into Tupperware
Any extra mixture will last in the fridge for 5 days & in the freezer for 3 months.
Check my Instagram @nutricoachmumma, Facebook, and website for more tasty recipes and Nutritional information explained. My new NutriCoach guide is available for download which has recipes and explains how food works in our bodies like the above blog post, along information on eating behaviours. It is not a traditional prescriptive ‘diet plan’, it’s full of nutritional information and recipe ideas to introduce you to a healthy, sustainable and achievable mindset like that of intuitive eating.
I also produce personalised plans and provide online support for different diets/ allergies e.g. vegan, nut-free via virtual appointment. As well as downloadable weaning guides and plans. I work with a wide variety of clients, including families, please see my newly launched website for details and to book in with me and get your free into form emailed to you.
© Copyright. NutriCoach, 2020. All rights reserved.